This calendar is designed to provide state, local, tribal, and federal law enforcement with a single point of access to federally sponsored intelligence training programs that meet the Minimum Criminal Intelligence Training Standards . The calendar is an initiative of the Intelligence Training Coordination Working Group and the Counter-Terrorism Training Coordination Working Group and was developed with funding support from the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Assistance.
In addition, analytic courses that have been reviewed for compliance with the Common Competencies for State, Local, and Tribal Intelligence Analysts and approved by FEMA for inclusion in either the National Training and Education Division (NTED) Training Course Catalog or the State/Federal Sponsored Training Course Catalog are located on the FEMA Approved Intelligence Analyst Training Courses Web page. These courses meet analytic training requirements for fusion center analysts set forth in the Homeland Security Grant Program (HSGP).
The FIAT course is a basic level five-day course that covers the following topics:
Introduction to Intelligence Analysis
• History of Intelligence Analysis
• Purpose of Intelligence Analysis
• Intelligence Models
• Intelligence Cycle
• Legal Issues
Intelligence Analysis as a Thought Process
• Fundamentals of Logic
• Critical Thinking
• Creative Thinking
• Inference Development
• Recommendations Development
Analysis Methods & Skills
• Crime Pattern Analysis
• Association Analysis
• Flow Analysis
• Communication Analysis
• Financial Analysis
• Strategic Analysis
• Indicator Development
• Products of Intelligence
• Reports and Presentations
FIAT curriculum is guided by the National Criminal Intelligence Sharing Plan (NCISP) and IALEIA’s Analytic Standards booklet endorsed by the Global Justice Information Sharing Initiative.
• The FIAT course is intended for law enforcement and regulatory personnel (both sworn and civilian) who have not received formal, basic, intelligence analysis training.
• Course instructors are IALEIA/LEIU certified experienced, working, analysts.
• Approved for reimbursement for State and Locals by DHS (must coordinate with State Grant POC).
• Meets training requirement for basic level of IALEIA/LEIU Certification.